BMHS PrideTime Reporter
As we all know February 14th is the day where all of those who are in love come out and do a variety of lovey dovey stuff with each other. They may go out or stay in and enjoy simple or extravagant activities together. Whether you’re single or in a relationship, Valentine’s Day should be a day where you spent time with people you love whether it’s your best friends or your significant other.
Here are three different activities you could do alone, with your significant other or with the people that make you laugh when you’re sad, your best friends.
1. Go Out to Eat
Who doesn’t love to eat? It can be ethnic, fast food, fast casual, casual dining and I can keep on going. Norwalk has a wide variety of food that you could try.
Fiesta Limeña located on 330 Connecticut Ave, Norwalk CT: This restaurant serves authentic Peruvian food and the staff is very friendly. The food here is inexpensive and the serving size is large, which is good if you want to share your meal.
Mecha Noodle Bar located on 116 Washington St, Norwalk CT: This restaurant has a variety of foods in the menu, but is well known for their noodles. The menu ranges from $11-$30 so if you’re looking for something a little more on the expensive side and spoiling yourself or your significant other, try some ramen that everyone is talking about. Also the restaurant scenery is beautiful and creates a comfortable environment.
Post Road Diner located on 312 Connecticut Ave, Norwalk, CT: You could never go wrong with the diner. This retro diner serves American, Greek and Italian food that is affordable and delicious. Plus Carvel is right next door if you want ice cream for dessert.
2. Watch A Movie
Rather sit and relax in a theater, watch a good movie, and have your significant other laugh, cry, scream or be amazed with you? Then you need to find out what kind of genre they like to watch or what you both enjoy and go out and find a movie that fits it.
Just like going out to eat, there’s a variety of movies you can watch, other genres includes sci-fi, drama, fiction, romantic comedy, action. Here’s the top movies showing at Bow Tie Ultimate Regent 8 in Sono.
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle: Comedy
Maze Runner Death Cure: Fantasy/SciFi
The Greatest Showman: Drama/Romance
But if you don’t want to spend money or want to stay in and relax, you could always choose a movie on Netflix. Before you settle in to watch the movie, go out to the store and buy a bunch of snacks and candy!
3. Go Play Some Games
As a couple, do you guys enjoy doing more active things? There’s so many fun activities you can do together.
Sky Zone located on 360 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Norwalk, CT: The famous trampoline park we have here in Norwalk.You can play basketball, dodgeball,volleyball. You can also try the mini activities like sky joust, sky ladder, skyline, skyclimb and there’s plenty more.
Need a break? Sky Zone has food when you’re feeling low on energy.
My Three Sons located on 62 Wall Street, Norwalk, CT: Most of us haven’t set foot in My Three Sons since we were little but if you’re looking for a day of carefree fun, try this place.
Bowlmor located on 701 Connecticut Ave, Norwalk, CT: Have a competitive friend or significant other? Challenge them to a game. Once you’re done bowling, you could eat or even go play laser tag.
And for those who are single...
If you’re alone on this lovely holiday, just know you’re not really alone. You can spend time doing all of these activities either with a group of friends or by yourself. No one should feel left out. It’s a day about sharing love with one another. Call a few friends up and ask them if they will be doing anything. If not, plan something and go out and do it together. If you choose to be alone, netflix always has your back, NO WORRIES.
BMHS Pride Time Reporter
Here is what you need to complete your eye makeup:
To start, you should apply an eye primer so that the makeup stays in place for a longer time
Before you start blending a shadow, you should always analyze the shape of your eye. Apply a light eye shadow on the eyelid with a flat eye brush using a sweeping motion. Start from the center and sweep it toward inner and outer corners, applying it evenly on the lid.
Now, with the eyelid blended, use a dark eye shadow on the crease area, applying the shadow from the outer counter of the eye, making a “V.” With a fluffy blending brush blend it to the eyelid and keep blending until the colors are completely mixed. To finish the eye shadow, use a light shiny color on your brow bone.
BMHS PrideTime Reporter
With midterms coming up, things can be pretty hectic. If you get stressed during these times or if you have trouble thinking of effective ways to prepare, read ahead:
1. Sleep: You need sleep. Sleep will help you throughout your midterms and finals. Get approximately 8.5 hours of sleep. Once youŕe fully rested you can fully concentrate on your exams.
2. Make your own study sessions: Studying in groups can help you in many ways. One being that you can refer on one another to see if they remember how to do one thing that you may have not remembered.
3. Stay organized: Create a schedule and stick to it. Follow your schedule, it can help you a lot so you can see what you need to study and will keep you on task.
4. Make studying fun: If you make studying fun, you can accomplish a lot of your work that needs to be done. You should reward yourself after every task you can complete so you can have a little of motivation.
5. Study for the style of exam: If it’s multiple choice, you’ll need to know definitions and concepts. For essay exams, focus on your understanding of all the concepts presented throughout the time period.
6. Go to teachers for clarification: Teachers are there for you to understand what you need to know and so that you can pass the class. Go to them for help.
7. Study things that aren’t on your study guide: Many times teachers put almost everything that will be on the test to your study guide, but it can be helpful to know other things that may have not been on your study guide